The facilities at Highland Rim Animal Clinic are equipped to handle all of your pets need. This includes:
- Anesthesia machines, to maintain relief from sensation or feeling during surgical procedures
- Pulse oximeters & EKG’s, which monitor your pet’s vital signs
- Doppler monitor, to monitor patient blood pressure
- Warm water blankets, to maintain body temperature while under sedation
- Variety of medications for pain control, to keep pets comfortable and ensure they have a speedy recovery
Commonly Performed Animal Surgeries Include:
- Spay and neuter
- Mass and tumor removal
- Dental cleanings and extractions
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Wound and Laceration Care
- Foreign Body Removal
- Emergency Care
Pre-anesthetic bloodwork is strongly recommended for all patients, but may be required for those with special health problems or elderly patients. This bloodwork checks baseline blood values of the kidney, liver, glucose, and protein levels of patients to ensure there are no underlying abnormalities that would prevent us from wanting to sedate your pet. Some problems may be undetected without this bloodwork, even in seemingly young healthy pets.
Pain medication is administered at the discretion of the veterinarian, appropriate for the procedure. A pet that is comfortable after surgery heals faster and has an easier recovery.